Sunday 25 September 2011

Initial Encounter: Metrotown

For the first pit stop in our journey to tour British Columbia's Red Robin's we decided to dine at the Metrotown franchise.

The classic Whiskey River® beef burger with all the fixings 
Adding a veggie patty to this fine specimen can turn any
meat-lover into a full-fledge vegetarian
Upon stepping in the atmosphere appeared very busy (two tables of five ahead of us), however, we were seated almost instantly. I myself, had a glass of water to drink. Service was superb and reliant with both refills of beverage and fries arriving the instant they were finished. The burger itself was as expected. A very well put-together entree and demonstrated a lower crumbling factor than usual. There was definitely no shortage on the crispy onion straws, therefore an overall satisfactory experience. - Ben

Wonderful. Scrumptious. Toothsome. Like most Whiskey River burgers I’ve had in my day, this was no exception to the usually deliciousness the sandwich normally delivers. As seen in the picture, the burger was put together well with a plentiful bounty of cheese. Although a prodigious amount of cheese is normally welcomed, I found it to be a little overbearing and took away from the burger and onion straws. What brought it all back was the Whiskey River BBQ sauce. As usual, the combination of the BBQ sauce and crispy onion straws make the burger the legend that it is.

Although I am no stranger to the Whiskey River burger, or Red Robin’s for that matter, I had never dabbled with it’s drink menu. Upon a suggestion from my brother, I decided to try the Freckled Lemonade. This drink was beyond amazing… and bottomless! The sweet flavor of the strawberries combined with the sour of the lemonade blended together to make a drink I will not soon forget. Overall: 8/10 -Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment